Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Practice Blog Post

My name is Coley Stephens, and I am from Dothan, Alabama. I enjoy helping others accomplish things that they never thought they could on their own. I moved to South because I wanted to go to nursing school, to be like my mother. I later found out nursing was not for me. Then, I switched my major to elementary education. I am very close to my family. I go home often just to see them. I have one brother who recently turned nineteen. I was a dancer at a local studio back home for ten years. I did it all from ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, pointe, and contemporary. It was my life in middle school and high school. I got a dog for graduation my senior year of high school, her name is Molly. She is my child. I think I have more pictures of her on my phone than anything else. I went to a community college for a year then transferred to South. I am also a Chi Omega. They are the best friends I could have ever asked for. They are my home away from home.

I chose to be a teacher because I absolutely love children. I get excited when they figure out things by themselves. I have watched two of my closest family friend's children grow up, and I love seeing the light in their eyes. I really enjoyed showing them new things when they were younger and seeing them have that "ah'ha" moment. In my opinion, what a teacher does in his or her practice in the 21st century is give the children the opportunity to experience new things. They teach them practical skills, and how to use certain tools for every day life. They also teach them how to be organized. Organization skills that are taught at a young age prepare them for many things in life. If they never learn how to prioritize their work; they will have a hard time learning it when they are older. I believe it is important to have a passion for what you do in life. My passion is helping others realize they can reach their dreams if they try. I believe I am best at keeping children entertained for long periods of time. If my goal is trying to help other reach their dreams, my dream for this semester is trying to learn the most I can about computers. I am not good with using technology. I hope to gain strengths in this department.



Outline:

-Who am I?
-Coley Stephens
-From Dothan, Alabama
-I enjoy helping others accomplish things that they never thought they could.
-Why South?
-I was a nursing major
-Changed my major.
-I am very close to my family.
-I have one brother
-I was a dancer for 10 years.
-Obsessed with my dog
-I am a transfer student.
-I am a Chi Omega
-Why do I want to be an educator?
-I love Children
-I get excited when they figure things out by themselves.
-I love the excitement in their eyes.
-I love showing them new things.
What does an educator do in his or her practice?
-Give children the opportunity to experience new things.
-teach practical skills
-how to use certain tools for every day life
-organization skills
My passion-
Helping others realize that they are capable of reaching their dreams if they try.
What I do best?
Keeping children entertained for long periods of time.
What do I want to get better at?
My computer skills.

2 comments:

  1. Reading this makes me think back to the good days back in our small town, and how life changes. It is still great that we are still friends and are able to see each other grow since high school. It is knowing that we have the education connection that will also pull our friendship back closer together I do believe.

    ReplyDelete