Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blog Post #1. What About EDM.

I have heard that EDM310 is a very interesting class once you get to know how it works. I have also heard it is very time consuming. My roommate took this class last semester, and has been my very own advisor about it all. She reminds me to check the blog, and do my post. I am a procrastinator, like most people are, but I hope to learn how to break that habit. My fears about this class are just like everyone else. I fear I will be extremely busy and completely forget about a post. I have set a reminder on my phone, for every Sunday, to make sure I have finished my assignments for the week. I also fear that I am not going to know how to use all the technology that this class uses. I know how to work a computer and perform the basics, but I do not know all of the little secrets to my Mac book. I have nothing to compare this class to in college or in high school. I have taken a regular computer class, but nothing like this. I am excited about learning how to use media in my classroom, and getting ideas from other teachers as well. I believe the most difficult thing in this class for me will be learning how to be computer savvy. I wish I had my fathers brain when it comes to this stuff. He is amazing with computers. I did not get that gene unfortunately. The best way to address the "difficult" aspects of EDM310 is to use google search. I use google for everything I do. I love looking up youtube videos to figure out things I know nothing about. I like having things explained to me step by step. I am a visual learner, if I see it I can do it. I do not have any questions right now about EDM310. If I do have questions I know I can have them answered later when I need them. I really like how this class gives you feedback about things in a timely manor. I can not wait to learn how to use things more effectively for this class.

2 comments:

  1. "I am a procrastinator, like most people are, but I hope to learn how to break that habit. " I hope so! Don't wait until Sunday, however.

    I use Google search a lot as well.

    Welcome to EDM310!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to just check all of my work then post on Sunday!! My class schedule is not terrible this semester, which helps a lot with this class!

    ReplyDelete